Notes - Bucket Hat
- FISHERMAN WAXED COTTON LOGO BUCKET HAT
- ORANGE SMART MARK ON PRODUCT LABEL
- FABRIC FROM HALLEY STEVENSONS BASED DUNDEE / UK
- SIGNATURE GROSGRAIN ON THE INTERIOR SIDE
- GROSGRAIN MADE IN JAPAN BY MOKUBA
- MADE IN SOUTH OF FRANCE BY MTM HEADWEAR
The Bucket Hat was first conceived in the early 1900’s as a purely functional item worn by Irish farmers and fishermen as protection from the rain, which was made possible by its wide downward-slanting brim. The fact that it can be folded to fit inside a pocket was also a major appeal.
Our version comes in the same fabric as our Rain Jacket. The waxed cotton fabric comes from Dundee (Scotland) - the town where herring fishermen first started treating sailcloth with fish oil in the 15th century to make it more durable and water-resistant - and the 150 years old mill of Halley Stevensons, the world's leading waxed cotton fabric innovators, manufacturers and suppliers of specialist weatherproofed canvas. It exhibits the "VERLAN" logo on the front and our signature Grosgrain in the inside.