The origins of the t-shirt date back to the late 19th century, when laborers would cut their jumpsuits in half to keep cool in warmer months during the year.
Though the t-shirt was created in the early 20th century, it was rare to see it worn as anything other than an undershirt. It wasn’t uncommon to see veterans wearing a t-shirt tucked into their trousers post-World War II, but outside of that, t-shirts were almost exclusively used underneath “proper” clothes.
In 1950, Marlon Brando famously donned a white t-shirt as Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire, only to be followed by James Dean in 1955's Rebel Without a Cause. Thanks to these two founding fathers, the popularity of the t-shirt as a stand-alone outerwear garment skyrocketed.
Fit is straight, neither too wide nor slim.
Sleeves are rather long so to arrive above the elbows.
The rib is wide, has double stitches and tightly holds your neck.
Fabric and Print
The fabric is a 250GR heavy and soft 100% organic combed cotton (GOTS certified). The fabric is already washed so it prevents shrinkage and dying is done with natural pigments. Orange print on the back and Verlan signature logo on the sleeve, both using a natural ink.
Sharing is caring
Our objective is to conceive the best sustainable garment and our labels exemplify it well. What does it contain?
1. A numbering as each garment is hand-numbered. All our garments are produced in small batches and in limited edition as a way to cut overproduction.
2. The name of the person who finished our garment was a way of saying thank you. Our nearby atelier has proven record of ethic and craftsmanship and aim for long-lasting partnerships.
3. The date of completion as a sort of date of birth that goes along two empty spaces: the first and second owners initials together with the respective dates of ownership. Signs showing that our products are designed to stay with you for years before changing hands.
Wash less and cold - at 30°
Use an environmentally friendly laundry detergent
Hang to dry
Iron on reverse at medium temperature, 150°
Do not tumble, dry clean nor bleach
Donate or recycle
Working with the best
Wiltee is a small production atelier based near Paris in France. It has been created in 2013 specializing in printing processes. In 2019, they hired last year Bruno, an experienced production manager to open a whole new production department within their company. With Bruno, we were lucky to meet someone who only wants to work with organic fabrics, natural dyeing and inks, always pushing upwards his quality standards. We spent months to develop new prototypes, finding the right fit and fabric.
Our signature 100% ecru et orange label illustrates the our state of mind: an active connection. We are indeed connected to the ones we love, to where our garments are made and to how the fabric is produced. An active connection to our environment to better reconnect with ourselves.
Where to find us ?
If you want to try anything or if you just want to talk, please feel free to visit our Parisian showroom located near le Marais by contacting us by phone + 33 6 74 57 56 62
- Paris: Free pick-up in our showroom. Otherwise, delivery costs 8€ or free for any order above 80€
- France: 10€ or free for any order above 80€
- Europe: 20€ or free for any order above 180€
- Asia, Africa and USA: 40€ or free for any order above 300€
How to switch size?
You can of course exchange your size if needed.
Paris: A bicycle courrier comes to bring you the right size and pick up the wrong one.
France and Europe: Repackage the item, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your label and and drop the package at a drop-off point near your address.
Rest of the world: International customers are responsible for return shipping. Please anyway contact email@example.com to receive our instructions.
How to get refunded?
If you change your mind or the product does not meet your expectations at delivery, just send it back to us and we will refund you as soon as we receive it.
Welcome in the family
To participate in the creation of our next releases and receive exclusive access to our new drops and events.